This U.S.-based regional wastewater treatment plant was embarking on an impressive expansion project, but with more wastewater came the threat of more odors. GTI was selected to custom-design and supply 49 structurally supported covers to address odors—without hindering access for maintenance and sampling.Read More
To address algae growth, the Santa Clara Valley Water District chose to cover its tube settlers with GTI's strucuturally supported covers. That choice allowed its treatment plant to successfully reduce algae and cut back chlorine feed. The plant is expected to recover the cost of the covers and save an additional $500,000 over the lifetime of the covers.Read More
After houses were developed less than 100 meters from the plant’s property line, it didn't take long before new residents complained about odors from the Georgetown WWTP. Covering the grit tanks with GTI's retractable covers was one of the most effective things the plant could do to reduce odors.Read More
Structurally Supported Covers
Control odors and algae with a GTI structurally supported cover system.
GTI's retractable structurally supported cover systems allow tanks to be securely covered while providing easy access to the tank’s internal components. The cover system consists of a sheet of high-strength, UV-protected, coated fabric tensioned across a low-profile aluminum arched frame spanning a tank opening.
Cover features and benefits:
- GTI’s airtight cover allows odorous offgas to be reliably captured for subsequent removal and treatment, yet it can be quickly detached and easily retracted to expose the tank contents for inspection or maintenance.
- The superior airtightness of GTI’s covers can yield capital and operating cost savings resulting from the use of smaller blowers and ductwork.
- In potable water applications, GTI's covers reduce disinfection requirements, thus lowering operating costs and reducing the formation of disinfection by-products (DBPs).
- Covers are custom-designed to support local code loads.
- Covers can be installed without disrupting plant operation.
- Rainwater automatically runs off the cover to the tank perimeter.
- The cover fabric is durable, UV-protected, and resistant to a wastewater environment.
- Intermediate aluminum walkways spanning the tank are used to divide fabric cover sections into appropriate lengths for easy retractability.
- Option of custom-designed guardrail around covers for increased safety.